When it comes to reliability, efficiency and flexibility in safety automation, for over 30 years, ABB has been the partner experts rely on to cover even their most complex applications known around the globe for their innovative and solid approach aimed at protecting people, machines, processes and the environment.
The AC500-S Safety PLC (SIL3, PL e), is especially suited for crane, hoist, robotics and wind applications. This groundbreaking safety PLC is the ideal choice when you've got a complex safety application to manage.
• Highly Modular
• Easy integration: Simple expansion of a non-safety ABB PLC with safety functions
• One common diagnostic system for safety and non-safety CPUs
• eXtreme Conditions (-XC) version is available
• PROFINET®/PROFIsafe® interface for decentralized safety I/Os, safe position and speed monitoring as well as triggering of safety drive functions
• Easy implementation of flexible configuration concept (one safety program for various machine types)
• Safety CPU can be configured to work even if non-safety CPU is in STOP mode
• Automation Builder productivity suite providing integrated support of ST, Ladder (LD) and Function Block Diagram (FBD) programming
• Trigonometric functions are supported for easy implementation of complex kinetic tasks